Assertiveness Training at Insight Matters – Saturday 24th Aug 10-3pm, only €75 – Book your place now!
Do you find it difficult to express anger or irritation? Do you find it hard to say No! Do you feel you’re overly polite and allow others to take advantage of you?
Being assertive involves being able to express yourself clearly, to have your needs met and your rights acknowledged while also being able to have respect and consideration for the rights of others.
In Assertiveness Training you learn:
- Which behaviour style you have and where you may have developed this.
- How to identify your needs and wants and how to express these to others.
- How to communicate clearly, concisely and distinctly.
- Practical experience of expressing yourself assertively.
- Root causes of passive/aggressive behaviour in relationships and attachment patterns.
Assertiveness Training outline:
- Assertiveness – what is it?
- Benefits of being assertive
- Self-awareness – identify your needs
- Clear Communication
- Learn to say No!
- Learning to negotiate
- Being an active listener
- Dealing with conflict
- Building self-confidence and self-esteem
- Learn to identify & eliminate negative thinking and self talk
- Making plans & setting goals
At Insight Matters we believe in providing participant centered training and courses are limited to 8 places only.
Date: Saturday 24th August 10am-3pm
Venue: Insight Matters, 5, Cavendish Row, Dublin 1 www.insightmatters.ie
Anne Marie Toole – Psychotherapist, Counsellor and Clinical Director of Insight Matters
Dil Wickremasinghe – Broadcaster, Activist and Training Director of Insight Matters
Cost: €75 for a 1 Day course, this includes all training materials. This must be paid in full prior to the course.